Subject: Re: FLASH: preloading
From: Russell E. Unger
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 05:57:02 +0100

Hi Anthony...
>I have two questions about preloading. first, if I have a "if frame 100 is
>loaded" then
>go to frame 101 action, does that mean that frames 1-99 are all loaded or
>JUST frame
>100?

Yes/No. You'll need to have a frame at 101 that tells your movie to go to
frame 100. You will have to tell frame 100 to say "if frame 100 is loaded
go to frame 103".

Now, putting all of that in frame 100-103 would be incorrect; because they
would be loaded if the movie was there waiting...

Hmmm, this is getting difficult to explain. See my tutorial at:

http://www.zaxcoms.com/tutorials.html

In essence, you need to create a loop that repeats itself until that frame #
is loaded, THEN have the movie head move on outside of the loop.

Make sense?

Hope so!

Russ