Subject: Re: FLASH: audio fade-out?
From: Dave Hollinden
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:32:57 +0100

Here's what I do in this situation. When I want a file to fade out, I put
in a keyframe set to the same sound and with sync set to Stop. In the same
frame in a lower layer I put another keyframe set to the same sound with
sync set to Loop and with enough loops to last 4 or 5 seconds, or with the
cropping handles set to the last 5 seconds of the file, and I set the
amplitude handles for a smooth fadeout.

This can cause a glitch when the the looping file is abruptly stopped, and
certainly causes a skip in the audio content when the audio file starts
again from another place in the file. But most of the times I need to do
this king of thing it is the result of a button click, and if you add a
sound effect for the button click, or some other sound effect that is
appropriate for the content, then you can mask the glitch caused by
initiating the fade out.

Hope that helps,

Dave

At 02:15 PM 6/25/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Is there a some way to perform a audio fade out on an action?
>
>e.g. with a load movie command fade out on the level below, while the
>new movie loaded is silent (or even x-fading)? If the answer is no, are
>there work arounds?
>
>Thanks,
>
>U.

Dave Hollinden
Audio Engineer
Jet City Studios, Seattle
dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com (mailto:dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com)