Subject: Re: FLASH: Wait until music finished playing
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 06:53:10 +0100

At 10:28 AM 6/29/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm a newbie. I made a flash movie with a sound layer. The problem is the
>sound is longer than the movie. What i want is the movie wiat until the
>music finished playing , then it will go to the next URL. How can i
>accomplished this. I'm using flash 3. I have tried a few flash sites but no
>one mention how ot do this except to toggle music on/off.

You can set the sound sync type to "Stream" rather than "Event" and Flash
will force the animation on the timeline to synchronize with the sound. If
you provide enough frames, you will see that that drawing of the sound wave
on the timeline has an ending frame. Make that (or a later frame) the
trigger frame for going to the next URL. A couple of things to note: 1)
Flash will force the animation to keep up with the sound, and if necessary
will drop animation frames to accomplish this, so you will want to keep the
aninmation simple; 2) If you are using the same sound more than once,
streaming will require multiple instances of the sound to load, resulting
in a larger .swf file, whereas event sounds load the sound only once,
saving file size.

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.