Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash, CGI and e-commerce
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:11:57 +0100

Gareth,

If you already have a set of cgi scripts that generate html on the fly
site is quite easy. Most of the logic already included in the cgi's can
be used, the main changes relate to the html generation as this will not
be needed, a side effect is that cgi's will be smaller, execute faster
and impose less strain on the server, nice !
I understand you're on a unix server so you should have no problem
getting it to work like a charm. I've been doing some dry run tests on a
replicated live database that holds a bit over 190000 different items.
The server is apache with ssl under linux using mysql and perl and the
results are very impressive.
I know the test database isn't all that big but I would say a Flash 4
solution is clearly ready for prime time, in fact I'm already
recommending it for some of my clients.

Nigel