Subject: Re: Flash Interfaces to Java
From: John Dowdell
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 21:55:14 GMT

At 4:35 PM 12/21/97, Dave Smith wrote:
>Nothing worked. I have latest version of Flash Plug-in
>but it insisted on loading Java applets instead.

Steven, are you using Aftershock with the "Use Java" scheme? This will use
the native-code Flash engine if it's available, and only drop down to the
Java version if necessary.

(Flash's native-code engines are pretty widely distributed, and the enduser
will have a faster download if they can just get the file rather than the
file and the Java.)

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Search DIRECT-L: http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/digest/