Subject: Re: Which browsers support W3C standards?
From: Andrew Ayres
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 21:38:27 GMT

Perhaps this old Wired news story might help you in finding answers....

http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/9283.html
Netscape Loses Inside Track on HTML Standard
by James Glave
6:59pm��18.Dec.97.PST
Netscape suffered a bruise in the browser war today when the World Wide Web
Consortium released its recommendation for HTML 4.0 - forging a new
standard and effectively rendering the current Mozilla browser noncompliant.
Netscape's Communicator 4.0 does not support several elements of the new
standard, including advanced forms. Microsoft's Internet Explorer 4.0 is
nearly fully compliant.

ciao, Andrew