Subject: Re: Which browsers support W3C standards?
From: Bryan Wilhite
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 16:48:50 GMT

I'm sorry John, I meant to write CSS 1.0 not 2.0 (which I assume leads to
DHTML). I like to stay purposely behind the times with a mature
stable standard. This is my conservative, ancient Egyptian style of page
building!

After some tests I found that Netscape does comply with CSS 1.0 font and
margin styles. My website currently contains style sheets based on some
white paper I read from Microsoft. I am not certain if this white paper
deliberatly explained CSS from an anti-Netscape point of view or not.
What is certain is that the W3C informative (not mormative) syntax works
on both browsers. In the coming days I'll be restructuring my site so
that it is "proper." (I know this is selfish of me but I refuse to build
new content on a weak foundation.)

So here are my recommendations (especially in view of XML):

* Write HTML 3.2 compliant tags only
* Use CSS 1.0 style sheets
* Use PDF
* Confine high creativity to Shockwave-based products

I'll make sure I'll follow these guidelines.

("Opera"... hmmm...)

--
Bryan Wilhite

the kinte space: cyberverse for the masses...and volumes

It's beyond the kente fabric of reality...
It's beyond all thang we dream about.
http://www.kintespace.com