Subject: Re: email links
From: David E. Robinson
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:16:40 GMT

You have to create a button first then associate the GET URL action and
place that "etcatetc [dot] com (mailto:etcatetc [dot] com)" text in the action input field. You can
leave the button text just as you have it now, or create something unique.

If you're looking for a standard blue box surrounding the link, a la HTML,
you're not going to get it in a Flash movie unless you fake it.

Good Luck,
david

P.S. I got this JS error when going to your page (using Win95, IE 3.2):

Microsoft JScript compilation error

[Line: 27] Unterminated string constant

document.write( '<A
--------------------^

At 12:39 PM 3/18/98 -0600, you wrote:

>>>Can we put email links into Flash directly?
>>>Yari
>>
>>Yes.
>>"userNameatyourCompany [dot] com (mailto:userNameatyourCompany [dot] com)", but without
>>the quotes.
>>
>>Lane
>
>I have it like this in the shockwave file text directly, but it doesn't
>show as a link. Do I need to import html or some other text format into
>Flash or how do I have a link?
>
>http://www.black-triangle.com Who & Where page.
>Thanks
>Yari

David E. Robinson
hboschatearthlink [dot] net

http://members.aol.com/hbosch/
also check out http://www.cacno.org

"Art is an outlet toward regions which are not ruled by space and time. To
live is to believe, that's my belief."
-Marcel Duchamp