Subject: performance on various machines
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:52:56 GMT

Hi Guys,

I've had very good reports of smooth action for the stuff I've done, but
these have been on fairly new machines.

But, I've also had a report that floored me (time to render) on an older
machine. (Quadra level.-040)

Are there any tests or recommendations available on performance on older
machines?
I've learned to stretch out frames for smooth play, but I'm beginning to
wonder if I need to delete frames for older machines and give the audience
an option of older/newer faster machines.

I hope not. This would be introducing a negative from the start.

Who has experience running flash on older machines - like 100 or sub 100
mhz units, and what are your findings?

What do you think?
How important is the audience of older, slower machines to you?
Is this an issue?

TIA,

/w

Wayne Townsend
WebStaffing.Net
Dallas, Texas
US- 972.713.8705
waynetatTopher [dot] Net (mailto:waynetatTopher [dot] Net)
wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net (mailto:wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net)
gscatOnRamp [dot] Net