Subject: Re: Flash as the Vector Standard on the Web?
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:32:24 GMT

Pablo wrote:

> However, if Flash is to become a standard, then the plugin has to be
> developed for unix systems (especially linux which would greatly enjoy
> from a Flash authoring tool).

I agree and I am sure MM is aware of this. But unfortunately, it would
most likely require a series of plug-ins, because Unix is more a family
of similar operating systems than a single O/S. So it is unlikely that
there will be any Unix type plug-ins for Flash until Flash beomes a
standard or at least a partial standard. Apparently noone has devoted
enough time or energy to create a Flash plug-in for any Unix version yet
(MM or anyone else). And it looks likely that until Flash become the
standard in Netscape or MSIE that no one will develop Unix type plug-ins
for Flash.