Subject: RE: Shockwave Licensing Petition - shockwave *is* free!
From: John Dowdell
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 22:55:30 +0100

If your business client gives their employees the Microsoft CD, then
they'll be able to install Shockwave from that same CD.

If your business client instead installs by server, then they'll need to
license Shockwave.

Basically, yes, sure, if you've got a hard copy then use it. Existing
distribution vectors are fine. But making your own distribution vector
requires compensation.