Subject: Re: FLASH: To much choice is not enough
From: Mary Brzys
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 15:01:26 GMT

Hi Christian,

Helvetica comes in standard sizes and even narrow, it's used quite a lot in the print industry
because you can kern it so tightly but it's still legible. ( I say that loosely, I've seen it as
small as 3-4 point type, yeah it's legible with a magnify glass!) It's Sans Serif. Ariel is
equivalent to Helvetica on a PC. Can you be more specific on humanistic? Do you mean legible, easy
on the eyes, looks good in any size, with or without serifs?

Mary Brzys

--- Christian Cook <christian [dot] cookatisluk [dot] com> wrote:
> The sort of fonts you are looking for are 'humanist' fonts; fonts that work
> well at all sizes. In addition to the microsoft fonts, try Gill Sans, Stone
> Sans, Optima.
>

> Christian, ISL.
>

> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:35:19 -0000
> From: Simon Wheatley <Simon [dot] YM_M4I5S3S_8atMarlborough-Stirling [dot] com>
> Subject: RE: FLASH: To much choice is not enough
>
> The fonts distributed by Microsoft were designed as screen design fonts. Try
> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/, I believe there are Mac
> versions available...
>
> Simon

===

http://www.brzys.com
Intelligence will only get you so far, creativity will take you everywhere.
- Albert Einstein