Subject: FLASH: Q: Return to referring frame
From: halito
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 20:48:17 GMT

Hi all,

I'm designing an interactive product demonstration. It simulates a
palm-pilot type of device: click a button, go to a frame and stop. It's
about an 80-frame demo with just a couple of movies as symbols, no Load
Movies, a few Tell-targets, nothing particularly difficult.

The prob: present throughout the demo is a "help" button which takes you to
"Help" screen. The "Help" screen has a "return" button on it. The return
button is supposed to take you back to whatever frame referred it. In
other words, if I clicked "help" from frame 30, the "return" button is
supposed to take me back to frame 30, but if I clicked "help" from frame
10, the "return" button has to take me back to frame 10. How do I make the
button understand where it's supposed to go? I have a feeling there might
be an FS_Command way to do this (Tell target method?). I can't figure out
how to do it with actions. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Hal
Hal Medrano
Animation, Web Design, Streaming Media