Subject: Re: FLASH: Load Movie Problem...
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 07:53:50 GMT

Hi, Andrew.

I'll attempt to address your problems, since I might be "all you get" this
time of night. <grin>

As far as your swf not loading, it is possible that the server you have
loaded it to is case sensitive (I believe the *nix machines all are) while
your home machine is not, so check to see if you are calling Movie.swf but
uploaded the file as movie.swf or some such...this would cause it to load at
home and not at server

Check your "publish settings" for the setting to make sure "high" is always
on for your movie. (menu: File...Publish Settings...HTML tab...Quality)

This same screen is also where you can change your "loop" settings, but I
personally always leave that setting checked, so movie will loop unless I
specifically put a stop action at the end of the timeline(s)

HTH

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution
www.awsolution.com

> I am having a small problem with a Load Movie script. It plays fine
> locally and the entire directory is uploaded to the server intact, yet
> when you load the page in a web browser(Netscape 4.6 mac) the movie
> doesn't load. to see what I am talking about, plese look at:
>
> http://www.cyberramp.net/~agolden/flash/
>
> any ideas as to why it would work locally and not on the server? I have
> tried relative and absolute URL's with no success and I am starting to
> tear my hair out since the path relationships don't change and I can't
> get it to work. Also, can anyone tell me how to set make high quality on
> default for when this file is loaded? How about making sure that loop is
> turned off for the viewer?

flasher is generously supported by...