Subject: Re: FLASH: Site Check - http://www.flashkit.com
From: Paul Kilgour
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:24:00 GMT

Brian,

Sometimes information heavy sites need to have a get down to it as fast as
possible attitude. There's no reason why a Flash tutorial site should be
Flashed up! It's what it says it is: a tutorial site - the flash is in the
lessons/examples. I for one am glad that it is an HTML site - it downlaods
quickly and is easy to get around. Why use flash just for the sake of it,
even if the site is about flash. Flash is a tool to be used to enhance a web
site, if needed. I've seen too many sites that over use it just because the
developer can!

Maybe that's why so many clients that I've read about recently on this list
are afraid of flash. They've seen it used all too often to negative effect -
with respect to all you experts on the list that do sterling work.

Just my personal opinion :-)

Regards,

Paul.
PS. Visited the Star Trek parody site. Brilliant.

> This is just a crazy thought, maybe... but wouldn't it be cool to actually
> build the Flashkit site in Flash?
> :-)
> Maybe the delivery of content would not allow for this, but if you're
> talking ABOUT Flash, maybe ya oughta BE Flash.
> Just a thought - take it or leave it.
>
> -Brian Matthews
> http://www.angelfire.com/fl/sapringer
> SAPRINGER CENTRAL: The Best STAR TREK Parody Site On The Net!

flasher is generously supported by...