Subject: RE: FLASH: Title Frenzy
From: Tim Allan
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 00:08:08 GMT

thats a tough one,

I think what you are describing is this problem within the new media ( for
want of a better word) design industry, which has symptomatic of a devloping
design discipline. In my opinion a good new media creative director would
encompass all the things you descirbed in your job description. So in
context, the creative director title would be most suitable. But because the
industry is sometimes still viewed within the framework of other more
established design disciplines, some confusion of naming, titles and job
descriptions will still occur.

Personally I would take it upon myself to grab the title of creative
director, and help define that position within this new design area.

my two cents

Tim