Subject: FLASH: OT : CGI script for remotely updating
From: p-h
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:09:35 GMT

Hi all !

Here's a (slightly) unrelated question to the flasher's main activity - but
it's very likely that some of you already encountered the problem :

My client want to be able to remotely update one page (there's actually 4 of
them but it will only be a matter of "cloning") of his website featuring the
"buy" and "sell" price of his products (gold coins and bars and various
currencies).

To keep it simple (and to be honest, manageable by me ! ;o) I am thinking of
doing it via an html form where the client will fill in fields, then the
data will be sent to a CGI that will parse it and return an "on the fly"
HTML page with the data neatly arranged in a table, along with the
appropriate header/footer stuff so the processed page will follow the main
site's template.

So the question is : does anyone of you know where to find such a code,
either a "turnkey script" (hehe :o) or some bits of code or even hints as
how to reassemble myself a suitable CGI.

I think that the procedure used for tricks like "have your own free
guestbook on your website" will be close enough to what I need, but any
other suggestion is welcome...

Thank you !

P-H Steyt

flasher is generously supported by...