Subject: Re: FLASH: Load Movie into Target Reference
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:15:21 GMT

Got it. Finally. Apparently you can't load movie into a target mc and tell
target that mc all in the same mouse action? Or else, I was doing something
else stupid, last night. At any rate, I did the "load movie" action "on
press" and the "tell target" action "on release" and it works, now.

Oh, and Helen, you are right that if you load into level 0 you erase
whatever was in level 0 before, but I'm using load movie into target - with
the target being a blank movie clip so that I can place the demo movies
other than top-left and so that I can dynamically scale the movie clip
depending on how big the demo movie is, because the movie loaded into a mc
will scale based on the scale of the mc...so you add an action that sets the
mc scale to your new scale just before you load your movie into it, and
voila' the new movie is scaled up or down and you don't have to go into all
the movies you want to use for demos and make size changes or move them all
to the lower right or whatever.

Wow, I've had too much caffeine this morning. I'll shut up now. :-)

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution
www.awsolution.com

> > When you pick the option to load a movie into a target, can you still
> > control that movie it by referencing the instance name of the movie clip
> > into which it was loaded?

> that if you loaded a movie into level0 it would overwrite whatever is
> there already, which might explain your Show Objects results above.

flasher is generously supported by...