Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash4: more efficient method?
From: Merrill, Bob
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:57:13 GMT

Sorry for being so thick today. I've duplicated the movie clip and set
different properties for each instance. That part works fine. Exactly how am
I to use the variable /:n though? What is n? I see it gets incremented by 1
everytime it is used. Is that like repeat with i?

I am using the script on the main timeline in it's own layer named actions.
This certainly seems like a slick way to do this if I can figure it out.
Thanks Cheri and Michael.

BobMerrill

> This, to whomever had question of the importance of tweening with
> actionscript,
> is WHY you would want to tween with actionscript. So much smaller, easier
> and
> more powerful.
>
> --
> Michael Dunn
> The Merica Agency
>
> > I could picture it all done with one movie clip, or maybe three or four
> for
> > more variance in the look/shape/components of the blood cells, but you
> could
> > vary z-order, speed, rotation, size, alpha, and placement using
> duplicate mc
> > and randomizing the various property settings...
> >
> > Set Variable: "/:n" = /:n+1
> > Duplicate Movie Clip ("/mcCell", "cell"&/:n, n)
> > Set Property ("/mcCell/grCell"&/:n, Rotation) = Random (360)
> > Set Property ("mcCell"&/:n, Alpha) = Random (30)+70
> >
> > and so forth, with scale, etc. Would need to make the back ones smaller
> &
> > darker though, so some of the numbers can't be totally random, but based
> on
> > a factor of some kind.
> >
> > Maybe this will give you some ideas, though.
> >
> > ~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
> >
> >> I have a question about how would be the most efficient way to complete
> >> this. My movie is 400w x 100h. It has about 50 red blood cells that
> flow
> >> from left to right at different speeds as they rotate. Currently I have
> >> about 15 movie clips on as many layers. Each MC contains 2 or 3 cells.
> >> then layer all these to give the desired effect. How could this be more
> >> easily done? Thanks in advance.

flasher is generously supported by...