Subject: FLASH: [Editable] e-mail signatures
From: p-h
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:13:23 GMT

Hi all !

I am requested to develop banner-like signatures that my client will send at the bottom of his e-mails.
This would not be too difficult with [insert picture] animated gifs (although it appears that some recipients get the file as an attachment instead of in the body of the mail, and some even don't get anything at all...)

This is thus my first question : how to be sure the recipients can properly view the "regular" (animated gifs) banners ?

It gets a little more tricky with the additional request that those banners should be easily and quickly editable by the client (typically variables such as a "promo valid until..." date or a product price, etc.), with as little work and knowledge as possible.

So I started developping a flash banner using the "load variable into location" feature of Flash4. The client just has to edit a small .txt file like this :

&discount= ....

and upload it to a spedific loation on his website (only one ftp program involved, so I think it's the simplest approach possible...)

It works just fine either locally and from the internet (http://www.europ-digital-business.net/banners/test/bannerTest1.html).
Now the second question is : how can one "insert" (ideally automatically so) that flash banner in signature at the bottom of the emails ?
Any hint most welcome, for I tried several options and really can't figure out how to do this (the "signature" options in Outlook for insctance do not allow HTML insertion...).

Thank you in advance

P-H Steyt

flasher is generously supported by...