Subject: Re: FLASH: Editable E-mail signatures ?
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:53:18 GMT

Hi, p-h, and good morning! (well, it's morning here) I hope you figured out
your scripting error in time for client. If not, there are a couple of
other things I think might be the problem, but it's hard to 2nd-guess what
might be wrong without seeing the whole thing....You might just have the
path wrong...that is, the variables are loading into the main timeline and
you're calling them from a movie clip, or vice versa. If I were you, I
would do a "show variables" when testing your movie, so you can see the
path.

As far as your second concern, and that one would be my major concern with
this solution, (the "send page" feature to get an easy "flash template" to
fill up with
the body of the mail...) there are myriads of email clients, configured all
sorts of ways. I don't think it is possible to accomodate all of them, in
fact I'm sure of it. But we don't always design our pages for all browsers,
either, it depends on our expected audience. The problem I see is not
knowing what audience your solution will work for, and if that is
enough...and what to do about the rest of them.

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution
www.awsolution.com

> | ...and I am not "officially recommending" your
> | solution, as I don't know how many email clients are going to handle
this
> | the way you think they are...
> |
> | ~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~

> | > |