Subject: Re: FLASH: FLASH & PDA
From: John Dowdell
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:14:24 GMT

At 11:53 PM 3/19/0, Tina Woo wrote:
>I post this message again as it is in urgent.
>Does anyone know if flash content can convent to PDA? Anyone can answer this
>question? any from Macromedia Group?

This topic has been discussed here before... if it was very urgent, you
might have saved yourself some worry by reading the list before posting the
same message multiple times, with the same footer information repeated in
each quoted copy.

Most devices don't import different formats like desktop computer tools do,
so you're instead looking at which devices are hardwired to play Flash
content. So flip the question around: Can a particular portable device play
Flash content?

Right now we're on the cusp of such things... there are prototypes of
various SWF-rendering portable devices shown, but out in the marketplace
the production models are only starting on wireless connectivity. Palm
Pilots and Symbians are two of the prototypes that have been shown running
SWF. It's still a generation or so until production models incorporate both
wireless connectivity and rich vector interactivity, though.

jd

flasher is generously supported by...