Subject: FLASH: Re: request for a clue
From: JaguarWoman
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 23:42:53 GMT

Dear Listees . . . I am a novice, delurking for the first time to ask for
specific direction. I humbly acknowledge in advance what a ignorant flasher
I am and respectfully ask for advice.

I am building my first flash site . . . intended to be a very simple thing,
no fancy whirling things, and this is probably far to elementary for many of
you to consider. Nonetheless . . . the url for the introduction is

http://www.jaguarwoma.com/sets/sanctuary/index.html

The client wanted the splash page done in flash, then he wants to have two
frames, with a flash menu in the left frame and the content area done in
html so that he can edit the text himself.

Here is my question: When the logo has been shrunk and moved to the top
left hand corner of the screen (as a branding and as the top of what will be
the menu column), what is the best way to create a transition to frames
where that "S" logo will appear in exactly the same place in the menu frame.

I'm assuming that the last event in the opening sequence would call a
frameset in a new url, in which the menu buttons would then fade in. But
what is the best way to get this transition to happen "seamlessly".

I hope I have explained this well enough, but if not, I'll work harder at
clarifying my question so I don't tax anybody's energy trying to understand.

Thanks in advance,
Dana
Jaguarwoman.com

flasher is generously supported by...