Subject: FLASH: 2nd post : can u set rgb values using actionscript + ...
From: Matt Coyne
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:10:38 GMT

Hi [2nd post of this mail, different subj to be more specific]

I am toying with ActionScript at the mo. I have had experience in
using Lingo in Director but Flash handles scripting different but
strangely familiar way.

To get the hang of it I have been setting properties to random
variables [such as x and y pos, scale and alpha], using duplicate mc
and calling the random variables from a labelled keyframe every time
I duplicate the mc.

Sofa so good...

I was wondering if it is possible to set random/specific rgb or hex
values of colour to change the instance of the mc?

Also, the depth value given for a duplicated mc, is there a maximum value?

and lastly....

My above example of duplicating random instances of an mc runs over a
number of frames, and at uneven intervals I am calling the variables
and duplicating the mc. Is there a way of running this in a more
elegant manner? I am currently setting the target, new name and depth
on individual keyframes and was hoping this could all be tied up with
code.

...perhaps with a timer [random intervals?!!] and incremental amounts
for the previously mentioned properties. In Director I would be
laughing, but Flash is still a little beyond me for this
functionality.

Or is the answer staring me in the face?

sorry for the convoluted post, kinda 'writing out loud'.

Any help appreciated

TIA
matt
--