Subject: FLASH: re using post in IE on mac PLUS more on IE5 & my possible site prob
From: Sahlan Cherpitel
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:21:27 +0100

Hi, g b, who wrote:

"i am trying to send some variables when pressing a button and i use 'send
using POST' in the instance properties. It works ok in Explorer 5 and
Netscape(PC) and in Nestcape for the Mac, but it don't work in explorer 4.5
or 4.0 for the Mac. Is this a known bug? Is there a known solution? any
suggestions?"

here's macromedia's footnote i found in the readme for flash 4.0a update:

"POST and Internet Explorer for Macintosh: The POST operation in the Load
Movie and Get URL action is unsupported on Internet Explorer for Macintosh."

this was after a month of trying to learn why the 2nd movie that was
supposed to run out of the first would download in quicktime on my & friends
mac computers running IE 4.5

Now, i did get the get url to work in 4.5 i think just before switching to
the beta of IE 5, however only if the get url is designated as a dot html
file, NOT a dot swf.

Anyway this works on IE 5, thankfully, since netscape is apparently totally
going down the tubes (accidental or intentional?---aol's deal with ms?)....
anyway, i finally made IE my default browser a couple of weeks ago.... love
the way i can rename my bookmarks mainly, also ability to save web pages in
original form rather than just text, which was usual with NS, and IE will
truck in all the bookmarks from NS nicely. The new IE5 window is great
compared with IE4.5---got rid of those stupid tabs. However, i think that NS
4.7 or 4.6 anyway causes me less crashes (total system freezes). I was using
communicator, & outlook express offers superior feature of saving email msgs
as simple text instead of NS docs that have to be cut n pasted, as well as
better address book.

Thanks to John McKenzie for the ms url that gives you an immediate download
of IE5 today, without clicking through all the junk that they usually have
one go through before getting it on, including here for anyone who missed
it:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie5mac/install/5/macos/en-us/ie5oe502
en.bin

if anybody's read this far, i could use some help too.....

may have server prob, my site seems to download at half the speed of other
flash sites same time of day with cache cleared... should stream & play
immediately with no delay... please let me know.... & please state os,
browser, modem type

http://www.foto3.com/LR2K.html

thanks

sahlan