Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Virtual tours
From: Robbert - Jan
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:58:51 +0100

A very simple solution would be QuicktimeVR worlds just made with a standard
camera.
You don't need special camera's for this.
what you need is a standard to place your camera stable. A piece of paper
with a circle drawn on it. split this circle in 12 pieces, draw lines for
all these pieces. Plae the camera on top of it. and make a foto rotate the
camera to the next line (from the pieces) and do this twelve times. You now
have a panorama view from a room.
Get yourself a copy of a quicktimeVR editor (we did this ones in the studio
but I can.t remember the name of the program we used).
Edit you room, you also have the ability to create hotspots to be placed on
doors etc. so you can walk through a house or building. Make panorama
pictures of all the rooms and you've got your virtual tour.
Without the use of expensive camera's

I suggest you do this only on estates that are really worth the time for
doing this :)