Subject: Re: FLASH: 3d spinning object
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:48:43 +0100

Hi, ant.

Your assumptions are not entirely accurate about Vecta. You cannot draw
within the standalone product, you must import an .ai or .eps 2D file.
Then, the program will give your graphic "thickness" (that is, it creates a
box out of a square, but does NOT create a sphere out of a circle, but more
like a "coin") However, you do not have to manually animate the resultant
graphic and export one frame at a time....you can specify the animation
(although only around two "centers" I guess you'd call it) and number of
frames you want it to take, and the fps, and export it as a swf file. Then
you import your swf into Flash to break apart and clean up the results.

I have a couple of quickie-examples I did in just a few minutes at
http://members.home.com/cherica/client/samples/3Dtesting.html and remember I
am neither artist nor 3D person...not in the slightest. But someone wanted
to see what Vecta could do. The logo on the left has NOT been "cleaned up"
but the butterfly has, and the box has too, mostly, been cleaned up. The
box was a simple rectangle created in Flash, exported as .ai, imported into
Vecta with depth of 100, and saved to swf, then brought back into Flash for
clean-up. Completed in just a few short minutes as the first thing I tried.
Nothing spectacular, mind you, but kind of like ULead's Cool3D with a "bring
your own graphics" twist.

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
charderatawsolution [dot] com
Advantage Web Solution
www.awsolution.com

> I am trying to create a 3d spinning object, so had a quick look at vecta
3d.
> If I have understood this product right, it allows you to draw a 3d
product,
> which you can then rotate several times, grabbing stills, and exporting
them
> to flash as vector art. From flash I then would need to morph from one
still
> to the next, in order ot create a spinning 3d object.
>
> Am I right in these assumptions? Is this the easiest way to achieve a
> spinning 3d object?

flasher is generously supported by...