Subject: FLASH: FLASH TO HTML- Back to Static Frame
From: Jurus
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:25:05 +0100

In a message dated 3/28/00 5:08:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,

<< what? if---->
you set a variable before getting the html link (for instance html=1), then
in the 1st frame of the whole animation you check this variable and if it is
=1 you jump to the static frame (all in the same swf), in this frame you
reset the variable and go on. So when you go back from the html the swf will
do that. I think it will be easier 'cause you 'll need ony a .swf. >>

This is a great suggestion, although I could not get it to work. This is
what I did:

ON THE BUTTON THAT LOADS THE HTML LINK:

On (Release)
Set Variable: "html" = 1
Get URL ("http://www.xxx.com/page.html")
End On

AT FRAME ONE:

If ("html" = 1)
Go to and Stop (149)
Else
End If

ON THE STATIC FRAME (149)

Stop
Set Variable: "html" = 0

Any ideas?

In a message dated 3/27/00 7:24:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chadatobjekt [dot] com [dot] au writes:

<< >white screen before it loads the Static.swf. Does anyone know how to
create
>a more seamless transition, without the blank white screen flash?

it seems like it is set to the default background image of white.
In the embed tag add a new background colour tag to whatever you want...and
it won't have the obvious white there.....>>

Thank you for your quick response. I tried this and it is better, but it
still flashes a blank screen. Is there a way to load a SWF from a different
URL, in the background, with the alpha at zero, then raising the alpha to
100% when the page is loaded (therefore hiding the blank screen flash)?

Or, it would be okay if the blank page flash (when loading static.swf) occurs
after the user selects the button with an HTML link. So, after the
animation, when the user presses a button with an HTML link, it loads
static.swf first, then the HTML link. If the user presses the back button
once, it would go back to the static.swf. If the user presses back twice,
then the animation would start again. This would be ideal.
So, I tried:

On (Release)
Get URL ("http://www.xxx.com/static.swf")
Get URL ("http://www.html.com/page.html")
End On

But, this only loads the second link - Get URL
("http://www.html.com/page.html").

Can I load the first link, then use a variable to load the second link?

I have HTML links in my Flash animation that are directed to various HTML
pages. When I hit the back button from the HTML page, it starts my Flash
Animation over again (which I don't want).

So, I created 2 swf's:

one that contains the animation (Master)
and one that is identical but only contains the ending static frames
(Static).

First, the site loads "Master.swf", it plays out the animation, then it
switches to "Static.swf". When it switches, it flashes the default blank
white screen before it loads the Static.swf. Does anyone know how to create
a more seamless transition, without the blank white screen flash?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

flasher is generously supported by...