Subject: Re: FLASH: Download Flash 2 Plugin?
From: unique
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:40:35 +0100

>I am guessing that this question has been asked before, but I am not sure
>where the archives are.
>
>Does anyone know where I can download the Flash 2 plugin?
>
>Thanks in advance...

Mike,

No Flash 2 plugin available from MM, as far as I can tell.

Macromedia insists upon only releasing a *small subset* of all
plugins to its "highly valued (?) customers" (us), DESPITE the fact
that many of us have requested them, and have pointed out strong
reasons for wanting and needing them (including the fact that some of
the plugins that MM has released are MIGHTY BUGGY and we NEED to be
able to test our movies for compatibility with said BUGGY PLUGINS).

They have not explained why / why not. I cannot for the life of me
imagine a reason.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/oldplayers.htm
is all that they're willing to provide, free or otherwise, as far as
I know.

If you're (that's "collective" "you", Gang) not happy about this,
please let MM know:

Especially, PLEASE send also send ANY comments that you choose to
make to this thread to wish-flashatmacromedia [dot] com, as you may be able
to see that I have done, above.

I believe that one or two folks at MM really are trying to help with
this, but, nevertheless, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, seems to be blockading
acquiescence to our request.

HTH and see sig,

Ken Sherwood

--

-- Historic Flash Plugins --
We want them. We need them.

Official ? response from an MM rep to me personally:
"They're not available." (No comment as to "why not".)
HTH

flasher is generously supported by...