Subject: --] Flash and Good Usability [--
From: Todd R. Warfel
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:15:58 -0000

Considering someone sent a post the other day from renowned usability
expert, and "self-proclaimed" web guru Jakob Nielson, concerning Flash as a
something that promotes design abuse and poor usability, I thought I might
throw this link into the mix.

http://www.onemanseye.com/

Yes, folks, you have the option of DHTML or Flash for this site. And might I
add that the Flash version is one of the cleanest, user-centered, examples
of good user experience done in flash. This thing is clean. It's nearly
impossible to get lost, or screw this thing up.

Another one.

http://www.eskedahl.se/

Personal portfolio for a graphic designer. Makes me want to redo my own
site, and spend some real time on it this time around.

So, although Mr. Nielson does make some very valid points in his discussion
on Flash and usability, he clearly misses the key point -- it ain't the
tools, it's the inventor, the designer, the architect, who influences
usability and information design.

message first :: method second

--
Todd R. Warfel