Subject: small fonts confusion
From: Mike Kelly
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:24:23 -0000

Hello,
I know this old ground, but I'm still having problems.
I have a really small font I'm using a lot, and want to use without
anti-aliasing. My approach has been to use a dynamic text field to display
the text. If I don't include any font outlines, it displays fine when I
publish. However, I just looked at my work on another PC which doesn't have
the font on board, and the font there is too small, and illegible. Actually
it's impossible to see if it's the same font.
My question is, if you're using a dynamic text field, does flash still
export the font? Or does it just revert to whatever it can find on the host
machine?
When I include font outlines, my little font displays anti-aliased, the top
part of the A is filled in with black, etc. etc.
If I check "system device" or whateveritis on the HTML publishing settings,
it still remains anti-aliased, even when I set it to "Static Text".
Thanks for any ideas!
Mike