Subject: Re: First tangile results of Open File Format initiative
From: p.m
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 03:04:27 +0100

Jim,

Personally I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand I can
certainly related to the frustration of seeing my work ripped off
especially after I spend many hours creating it in flash.

On the other hand, this is a reality we have to deal with, so there is
no sense in denying. This is a direct result of macromedia's decision to
open up swifty. So like it or not, this and much more will begin to
happen.

You will see this will ultimately fuel flash innovation. No longer will
a newbie flasher have to sit in the dark ignorant about 'vodoo' flash
techniques. These general techniques will be opened up to the public and
as a result will educate the general public much faster.

This will force everyone to be even better...and thus move flash to
newer forms of expression.

Lastly, there are still many things you can do to 'protect' the curious
eye. I can post these tricks here if anyone is interested.

Regards
paul
paulatflasher [dot] net