Subject: flash plug for linux
From: Joshua Ulm
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 19:49:56 +0100

one of my viewer (who is very important to me) asked when he would be
able to see my content. because i have faith, both in macromedia and
their products, i would like to feel assured that he will have that
chance sometime soon. i have included his mail below. what should i tell
my audience?

josh ulm
lead designer, quokka sports
http://www.olympic.org
http://www.theremediproject.com

>josh,
>
>i've loved your contribution to the web from eyecandy's days @ mnetwork,
>and enjoyed it a lot. i don't think the same of theremediproject however
>... but that's just because i can't use flash under X11.
>
>so why am i complaining at you, you ask? surely i should be talking to
>macromedia? well, yes, i am - but as a content provider who's not able to
>provide me content, i just thought i should let you know there's something
>blocking your signal.
>
>perhaps as a well respected member of the flash world, you could drop a
>line to macromedia and let them know the need is their for those who
>provide content in flash to do so to *nix users?
>
>personally, i'd be delighted if they released a java-based version of
>the flash plugin. i think the only way to convince them to release any
>kind of cross-platform plugin is to keep telling them how much we want it.
>
>i want it a lot, then i can use flash in my sites w/out losing a section
>of my audience.
>
>cheers - both for your time, and for the great work you do which i *can*
>see!
>
>chris
>
>bVer = Netscape Navigator 4.04 [en] (X11; I; Linux 2.0.33 i586)
>--
>chris burgess
>http://ibex.co.nz

{