Subject: uncontrolable swf size in Flash3
From: Dave Smith
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 23:00:48 +0100

MM,

Well Ive worked with Flash2 enough to know about making everything a
symbol to keep the file size down, but FLash 3 has got me for a loop.

I have created a scene that is 11 kb on export and when adding a few
frames and exporting again it jumps up to a whooping 59k and Im not
using any other symbols or animations!!

Is this a known bug with FLash3?

Everything is a symbol.

Another example is after exporting to .swf the first time I got the 11
kbs
and then I scrolled over animated frames on reg. timeline and
then copied and pasted them in their own animated symbol state
in a "new" movie the size sky rockets again!

This doesnt happen in Flash2 as the movies are the same size reguardless
of making the animations on the main timeline or into their own animated
symbol state.

What gives MM?
Why the "seesaw" effect?

-DG-