Subject: RE: When is Flash 3 shipping?
From: John Dowdell
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 23:03:34 +0100

At 2:31 PM 5/5/98, Chris Jester (CTS Technical) wrote:
>I'm not triying to mean but everytime I asked that question all I got was a
>bunch no answer comments. When all they had to say is we can't give that
>information out. Oh I could tell you when Win98 is set to ship.

Like I said, it ain't "shipping" until it's in your hands.

You'll see engineering folks announce "it's shipping" when they send code
off for duplication. You'll see product management folks announce "it's
shipping" when the first copies get approved. You'll see press release
folks announce "it's shipping" at the major news day of that week. You'll
hear vendors announce "it's shipping" when they actually have a palette of
boxes delivered to their warehouse.

All of these dates are weeks apart. There's zero way to predict on what day
you'll have it arrive at your machine. That's why no one can answer that
question.

jd