Subject: Re: mouse over button_anims
From: Jason Nugent
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:21:14 +0100

Hi Yves,

In order to have animation in your mouse-over state you have to
create a movie clip (a separate symbol) which does what you want, and
then place an instance of that movie clip in your "over" state of your
button. Since movie clips have their own timeline outside of the movie
timeline, they animate all by themselves. Just remember to either export
your movie to swf or test it using "Test Movie..." because movie clips
don't animate when you are simply editing the movie.

Hth,
Jason

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Yves Ferket wrote:

> This maybe a newbie prob but here it goes...
>

> I'd like to have my button animated on a mouse-over
>
> It's a simple button (a circle), and on a mouse-over i'd like another cirkel that expands and fades coming out of the original button (playing a sound).
>
> I can't figure it out. I converted the grafic to a button, but except of the four buttonstages (colorchanges on over and down) i'm not capable of getting animation in the button...
>

> Thanx

Jason Nugent, BSc(Hons)
ap958atchebucto [dot] ns [dot] ca "Beneath this canvas monochrome
Certified Webmaster Wrapped in the shroud of this grey home
I'll paint a picture all my own
I'll paint a picture"
Live to ride,
Ride to Live. -Anacrusis