Subject: "Hidden frame" routine add on
From: Dave Smith
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 18:36:24 +0100

Hiya Flashers,

I was interesting in using the "hidden frame" pop up routine and was
trying to figure out how to do it.

I tried visiting Colin's URL: http://colinmoock.iceinc.com/web/flash/
but it seems you have moved.

Does anyone have a new URL showing how to use this technique?

For what its worth:

www.main.com root holds a .swf called menu.swf. In menu.swf is a button
that needs to call up a
pop up window containing a .swf containing samples.swf. (using a "hidden
frame" routine instead of using JScript or FS commands from flash to
bypass
IE3 javascript errors.)

samples.swf contains 3 buttons that are labeled example1, example2, and
example3. These
buttons need to load three individual movies in the same window(I
believe this is done
with Flash3's new "load movie" command.

these are fantasy urls and htm just to show you what im trying to
achieve.

If anyone has a couple of minutes could you give me a quik rundown or
direct me to "hidden frame" Flash examples?

Of course any help is most appreciated from a fellow Flasher.<g>

I have an example .swf of exactly what Im trying to do if anyone wants
it. Its 5kb

-DG-