Subject: Re: CHALLENGE!
From: Dave Smith
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 15:02:19 +0100

Jim Curry wrote:

> I hope I explain this right.
> Put a button in the movie with a tell target message directed at "/".
> Just the slash..no quotes though. This will default to the "main scene".
> Be sure to place a label on the frame you want to go to and include the
> name in the go to action: Go to Frame...Label= frame name".
> Another neat trick is this:
> If you want a movieclip ("A") with a button in it to tell another clip
> ("B") to play etc, then you have the button in "A" tell target "/B" to
> play . The slash denotes that the clip you want to "talk to" is in the
> main movie and the "B" denotes the name of the clip.

Hiya Jim,

Hows that house that Jim built comin'?<g>
Now that you've got Flash3 you can always build that really cool
basement
that Ive been askin for.<biggerG>

Anyway thanks for the note, but in my earlier post I had stated that
Im trying to avoid a button in the movie clip. Im tryin to use just an a
action keyframe.

The reason being is this is an intro, not an interface and I dont want
the viewer
to have to press a button to get through the intro. (Production "no-no")
Its really all about keepin the size down.

thanks anyway.

Tell me when you get started on that basement,..or maybe a attic would
be cool.

-DG-