Subject: CHALLENGE! Solved (I think)
From: Matt Gitchell
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 16:59:50 +0100

Dave Smith wrote:

> I challenge anyone in here to get a "goto and play"
> action keyframe to work from a movie clip to the main timeline of
> a scene.
>
> How about that? Any on takers?

I'll take it...heh

Try this:
If I have time later, I'll re-do the sample movie I made to get this to work
& annotate it.

1. make your movie clip. in whatever frame you want, assign Action:Tell
Target:Go to and Play to it, tell it what frame you want, and set the target
to "/"

2.in the destination frame, put a "play" action. otherwise, it just goes
there and stops.

By the way, you can't tell it which scene you want to go to. a rather sneaky
way around this problem is to test your movie (Ctrl-Enter on a Win box),
move the playback head to whatever frame you want to go to, and then copy
down that number and put that in your movie clip.

For instance, if you have two scenes, the first with 50 frames and the
second with 30, and you wanted to go to frame 20 of scene 2, you'd put "70"
in the little box. Just make sure you put your "play" action in there.

Kind of inelegant, but it accomplishes what you want.

--Matt
Matt Gitchell
ersatz multimedia cat
mattgatnavidec [dot] com