Subject: Strange mac stuff with swf files and Dreamweaver
From: Troy Bennet
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 18:23:31 +0100

Hello folks,

I am trying to put together a Flash site and keep running
into problems when testing on macs.

If I use Dreamweaver to center my flash movies on screen
I keep getting a netscape error stating that it can't
find plug-in for application type octet-stream. it then
brings me to shockwave DL site. What with the octet-stream thing?

Also, If I have a frame action at the end of an animation that
does a GetURL, it seems to work. The background shows up and then
promptly and consistently crashes with a type 10 but more often a type 3.

any ideas?

i've been authoring on both a mac 8100/80 and PII 266(compaq). files
have been moved back and forth and reauthored on both platforms.
The PII is running NT and is also serving as a server for the site.

thanks for any help. Figuring that the type 10 and 3 crashes have
something to do with memory, but the octet-stream thing is wierd.

troyb