Subject: pester pester
From: Leslie Harpold
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 04:20:28 +0100

Okay, I've been working the last 12 hours on an animation. All the
animating parts are about done, and it's time to add some of the more
complex elements.
Animating is no problemo. Been doing it right along.

I've been goping through the online resources, though for buttons (yes, I
know buttons are remedial) all the tutorials seem to be giving different
info (likely the same info differently) and the problem comes when I try to
slide a button onto the screen and then have it behave button-like. on -
over - down sort of thing. So, do the different states go on different
layers or do they go in different keyframes and how do I tell the program
aside from F8 that these keyframes (yes they are one their own layer
separate from the main animation) are supposed to do button things instead
of play like a regular animation.

that goes for assigning the buttons their important jobs like taking people
to a specific scene and whatnot. I apologize for all this rapid posting,
but until now all I've ever done is sound and motion.

(and you can bet the next thing that will vex me is insertingthe tiny warm
up animation while we load if that tutorial stops making sense in the next
three hours.)

thanks again for your tips.

leslie harpold
http://smug.com http://www.hoopla.com