Subject: Re: backgrounds?
From: Leslie Harpold
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 18:08:55 +0100

At 09:30 AM 5/17/98 -0700, Brad Bechtel wrote:
>>Okay, the background is on a layer all by itself. It shows up in the first
>>frame and then is never seen again. There's nothing else on that layer
>>(Layer1) and the rest of the elments are in layers 2-11. I have the
>>timeline for Layer one set the entire length of the movie.
>
>If you're trying to use a layer for a background (say, to display an
image), then the layer's frames must extend for the entire length of the
scene or movie in which you want to display that layer. It sounds like you
have the image set up in a key frame in frame 1, but no blank frames
following the key frame, so the SWF will only display the image for one frame.
>You can add keyframes to the movie by going to the end of the scene,
selecting the last frame in that layer and pressing F5.

It is an image, and I do have that layers' length set on the timeline (it
is followed by 900 blank frames) for the entire duration of the movie.
Also - I tried adding a key frame at the end of the movie on that layer, I
tried making that the longest layer on the timeline by one frame. I tried
having tween from itself to itself. None of these has worked. I tired
breaking the image into parts. (I'm baclk to whole image) I appreciate
the answers thaough, it has made me try some new things. One of them is
bound to work soon! (i hope) Nothing else is on that layer.

leslie harpold
http://smug.com http://www.hoopla.com