Subject: Re: backgrounds - solved!
From: Leslie Harpold
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:33:36 +0100

>Hello Leslie,
>I have the same problem like you, I imported a JPG - and I tried to send it
>
>back. As a background, but it's always in front of my movie. I changed the
>layer to "Mask", but it's still in front of my movie.
>
>Can you possible help me ?

Yes I can: When the layers are both locked after mask has been selected,
my movie plays great. however, it' impossible to edit. WHen in editing
mode, the background layer appears to be in front. I can't explain it, but
I found a workaround. I hide the background (masked) layer, unlock the
current layer, make my changes and then relock it to view it correctly. it
is kind of tedious, but the results are very shiny and lovely, so it was
worth it.

leslie harpold
http://smug.com http://www.hoopla.com