Subject: Re: anyone else get SPAM from Flashlist
From: Dimmy
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:30:58 +0100

Tom,

What you said is true, if someone is abusing a "free" e-mail account,
you should inform the host (in this case, HotMail) about the abuse, and more
likely than not, they will terminate the account. However, some people who
send out such mail did not e-mmail from the e-mail account specified in the
"From" field.

I have received spam mail from someone who presumably has an account
with Netcom, but upon writing to Netcom did I find out that the e-mail
account does not exist at all.

Regardless, it would still be worth a shot to e-mail the host about the
abuse of e-mail accounts. Who knows, you might get lucky and shut his
account down. *smile*

Dimmy