Subject: Re: Off-topic: Fireworks
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 21:27:43 +0100

At 11:28 PM 5/21/98, Marc wrote:
>John Dowdell wrote:
>>The Fireworks public beta is fully functional, and will time out on June 8.
>
>My Fireworks beta quit on me after the first use, and that was about
>3 weeks ago. No matter what, I can't get it to reload, even when uninstalling
>and reinstalling. Any ideas anyone?

Sorry, that's right, the fully-functional time-sensitive demo versions are
*very* sensitive to changes in the computer's clock. In some cases even a
network time change has triggered the failsafe.

It's a problem we're trying to solve better, because with web tools it's
paramount to be able to examine the final export, and yet we still sorta
have to pay the rent on the building.... ;)

If you have more than one computer, then the second will be able to install
the Fireworks public beta... just don't change the clock. The next release
will be able to write over the existing one, and so you'll be able to work
with the next Fireworks on that machine again.

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/
Luscious web graphics: http://www.macromedia.com/software/fireworks/