Subject: Re: Non-Web Flash Uses
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 22:08:31 +0100

DGL wrote:

> I am curious how many of you have been involved in projects for non-web
> based use of Flash, and how well you felt it worked.

I for one have used Flash for non web based projects. These have ranged
from work done for stand alone information kiosks, corporate
presentations, conference presentations, interactive training, publicity
spots, etc...

> How did clients respond? I also wonder what kind of market there is
> out there for putting together corporate presentations using Flash.

Clients love it. I do a lot of contract work for JWT agency and they
can�t get enough. The market demand for this kind of work is quite
large, in Europe at least, most of the end clients are from the
finantial/insurance/banking areas.

> Areas I'm not to sure about with Flash, though, would be things like
> charts and graphs.

Why so ?

> Then again, maybe there is some other MM
> product better suited to that type of thing that I am not aware of.

No not really. If you're starting out go for Flash. If you know MM and
understand their particular paradigm then go for Flash and Director.
This mix is explosive !

PS. On the subject of bang, isn't it a pity that Fireworks just seem to
fizzle. Anyway it's still an early beta I guess. ;)