Subject: Re: sound effects???
From: Donald Harris
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 23:01:08 +0100

Marcantonio Magnarapa wrote:

> Since you need short sounds most of the time, I listen to CDs and seek
> those effects I need in their music. I capture small bits of sound, I play
> with their frequency, volume and duration, I add (if needed) some simple
> effects and then I import the results into flash.
>
> Of course this only applies to small bits - like buttons, for instance. CDs
> are copyrighted and you are not supposed to steal data from them.

Even the smallest bits of data from CDs are copyrighted. You will be
violating the copyright license if you use anything at all, regardless
the size. It is much safer, and better in the long run, to find your
sound files from license free sources. There are plenty available.

Donald Harris
Paul Harris Design
http://mentalsoup.com/

"No amount of sophistication is going to allay the fact
that all your knowledge is about the past and all your
decisions are about the future."
-Ian E. Wilson