Subject: Re: RE: RE: Interface/site test
From: Colin Moock
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:11:02 +0100

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>Thanks for looking at the page.

>How do you set the hit area of a button without affecting the
>transparency
>of the surrounding area? I had wondered about this.
>Tom

In a button, there are four frames: Up, Over, Down, Hit.
Currently, you use text in all of them. You need to change that so you
have the text as you want it to appear in Up, Over, and Down, but *not*
Hit.
In the "Hit" frame, draw a rectangle that covers the area that's
occupied by the text in your "Up" frame. Then fill the rectangle. The
"Hit" frame contents will be invisible when you export/test the movie
because the "Hit" frame is only used to define the area which activates
the button when mouse activity is detected. (When you are in the "Hit"
area with your mouse pointer, Flash displays the "Over" Frame of your
button...).

-Colin