Subject: Flash 3 Frame rate
From: Scott Hamlin
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 17:51:22 +0100

Howdy ya'll,

I'm working on an interface for my site and the animation seems to crawl no
matter how high set the frame rate for the movie. If you care to see the
WIP it's at http://eyeland.com/apdex1.html. Aside from the question of
whether or not I'm setting the frame rate properly (in Movie Properties,
right?) I'm wondering if maybe the sheer size of the symbols that are in
each key frame might be the problem. Basically it's a stylized apeture.
Also the overall stage size is 640x480 (sized to screen with the Height and
Width tags set to 100%). Could that be the problem? Finally, the animation
large animations are set in key frames. Would it be better to have them in
movie clips?

Thanks,

Scott