Subject: RE: sound choices - what software?
From: Robert Koberg
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 23:16:13 +0100

I swear by Sound Forge and thier plugins (noise reduction, batch converter).
It is an excellent program for the PC only. You can even bring in video and
edit the sound track while performing "No Recompression" on the video file.
It also outputs to .asf (MS Netshow streaming video format). Great loop
tuner, it has everything except multitrack editing:-(

They(sonic foundry) have a new product called Acid. There homepage says
this:
It's here!
A breakthrough in loop-based music creation, ACID takes creativity to a
completely new realm. Read the ACID Press release, learn the details about
ACID, then see--and hear--for yourself by downloading the ACID demos. Become
part of a new music revolution by going to the On-line store, and ordering
ACID now. But be prepared for a wild ride. With ACID, your creativity is
about to take you places you've only dreamed of...And then far beyond!

http://www.sonicfoundry.com

Rob